DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
(PhD) (Business Management)
Welcome to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is a research-based degree and is awarded to graduates in many different fields of study including Business and Management, Commerce, Education, Engineering, Humanities, Law and Science. The following outcomes focus on research and critical thinking is usually associated with the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) qualification:
- Evaluate theories, practices, issues, and trends in designing and implementing educational strategies
- Develop strategies for leveraging social and cultural diversity in offering education in organizations
- Design policies and initiatives that adhere to ethical and legal practices in educational settings and learning communities
- Propose solutions to societal problems through the evidence-based application of educational research
- Apply diverse methods and principles of inquiry, discovery, evaluation, and original scholarship to educational research questions and practices
Students may register for the Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) via the EDUVISA Qualification Portal. The following may be required as part of the registration process:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A Master's Degree (MBA, MSc etc) (See MBA Top-Up (UK RQF-L7)
- An Undergraduate Qualification Equivalent to UK Bachelors 2:2 or higher – work experience may be considered for candidates not meeting this requirement
- A High School Certificate
- A Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of Reference/Recommendation
- A copy of your passport (and all UK visas where applicable)
- A Secure English Language Test: IELTS 6.0 or TEFL or equivalent may be required of students originating from non-English speaking countries.
- Schedule a Microsoft Teams, Zoom or alternative interview with the PhD supervisor as part of the application process.
- Schedule a Microsoft Teams, Zoom or alternative video presentation with the PhD Admissions Committee and/or University Ethics Committee when applicable.
Candidates who have completed a Master's Degree (MA, MBA, MSc etc) in Business or Management Science at a government-regulated university qualify to apply for registration for the Doctor in Philosophy (PhD) programme.
Please contact the Executive Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org for a personal information session.