The Bucklands Agri-Management GAP-Year combine a working farm experience with an EDUVISA Diploma in Higher Education Access (Dip.HEA) that is an entree requirement to register for an online UK-accredited BBA/BSc/BA-Hons or MBA Degree via EDUVISA Graduate School of Management. This unique Agri-based GAP-Year Programme focuses on leadership and management development of the young person based on the day-to-day activities associated with a typical South -African sheep and game farm while preparing the student for online graduate management studies that lead to a Bachelor (BBA, BSc) or Master's (MBA, MSc) Degree in Management at a university or business school in the UK or elsewhere.
BUCKLAND'S WORKING FARM STUDENT CENTRE
AGRI-MANAGEMENT & UNIVERSITY GAP-YEAR
THE BUCKLAND VISION
It is the vision of the Buckland Farm Student Centre to provide young persons with an opportunity to experience the daily run of a working farm focussed on sheep farming, eco-tourism, and the development of the young individual into a well-balanced leader of tomorrow by means of skills training, character building, and spiritual growth while equipping him/herself with a graduate and postgraduate qualification.
SCHEDULE & DURATION
Students will follow a "working-farm" programme supplemented by curriculum components (module) that form part of the EDUVISA Diploma in Higher Education Access (Dip.HEA) which again serves as an entrée requirement to the EDUVISA online UK Graduate Management Programme resulting in a Bachelor (BBA) and even Master's (MBA) in Business Administration at a UK-university of choice. Completion of the Diploma in Higher Education Access (Dip.HEA) thus opens the door to commence with online graduate studies (Bachelor 1st Year) even while residing at the Buckland Farm Student Centre. 24 hours per week will be allocated to practical farm work typically consisting of a 3 - 4-hour morning shift followed by an afternoon session dedicated to academic studies. The duration of the programme is 6 months.
Students will participate in farm activities for about four hours per day. All activities will be guided by a team of skilled workers and supervisors. Technical skills and procedures will be incorporated into an "agri-management" programme which will include inter alia the following practical experience curriculum components:
- Irrigation and water management.
- Practical sheep management.
- Veld and grazing management.
- Maintenance of pipelines, fences, buildings, and vehicles.
- Prickly pear production.
- Saffron production.
- Meat processing.
- Stonemasonry and general building skills.
- Hiking trail development, maintenance and guiding.
- Basic four-by-four driving skills development.
- Marketing and website maintenance.
- Eco-Tourism Management.
- Basic Farm Office Administration and Accounting Administration.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY: FARM ACTIVITIES
A Certificate of Competency will be awarded in testimony that a certain level of skill has been achieved in each of the mentioned farm activities. Students are required to complete at least six of the indicated subjects to qualify for a general competency certificate.
DIPLOMA IN HIGHER EDUCATION ACCESS (DIP.HEA)
The Bucklands Farm Student Centre is registered as an independent EDUVISA Accredited Student Centre (ASC) and incorporates the Diploma in Higher Education Access (Dip.HEA) (L3+) (IQF) in its Agri-management programme. This opens the door for aspiring young persons to study online towards a UK-accredited Diploma, Bachelor in Business (BBA) or even Master’s in Business (MBA) Degree during or after their stay at the Bucklands Farm Student Centre. The Diploma in Higher Education Access (Dip.HEA) is an entry requirement to access the UK-Curriculum orientated EDUVISA Graduate School of Management.
The EDUVISA Integrated MBA-Degree Programme consists of the following curriculum:
- Diploma in Higher Education Access (Dip.HEA) (IQF-L3) (Entrée to Graduate Degree Pathway) (Completed as part of the Bucklands Agri-Management & University GAP-Year)
- Diploma in Management (Dip.Man) (IQF-L4) (Equals Bachelor 1st Academic Year)
- Higher Diploma in Management (HDip.Man) (IQF-L5) (Equals Bachelor 2nd Academic Year)
- Graduate Diploma in Management (GDip.Man) (IQF-L6) (Equals Bachelor 3rd Academic Year)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDip.Man) (IQF/RQF-L7) (Equals Master’s Academic Year)
- MBA Top-Up (Capita Selecta & Dissertation (RQF-L7)) (MBA Degree at UK/International University of choice)
- The EDUVISA Self-paced guided-study process allows for a flexible study period determined by the commitment of the student.
- Provides an accelerated study period without socio-political, holiday or Covid-related interruptions.
- The student experience full academic support and tutorial assistance from the online or contact academic tutors.
- The affordable fee structure includes the full spectrum of online academic resources and study manuals
- Assessment (Module Tests & Assignments/Dissertations) is completed via a state-of-the-art Online Learner Management System (OLMS).
- Students can complete 90% of a BBA/MBA degree online via EDUVISA followed by 5% (Top-Up Phase) at a UK university of choice (Online or Campus) resulting in savings in study costs and a shortened period of study.
- Upon completion of the Diploma in Higher Education Access (Dip.HEA), as part of the Bucklands Agri-Management & University GAP-Year, students may immediately commence with graduate studies by registering for the Diploma in Management (Dip.Man) (L4) (IQF) (Bachelor 1st Year).
Self-service chalets with two students per room, and four to six per house. Students cook their own meals with food provided by the farm, clean their own house and do their own household budget. All facilities are inspected and must be always kept clean and neat.
Students have access to unlimited Wi-Fi, a study hall, a coffee and drinks bar, recreational games, and a splash pool. Students are required to provide their own laptops for study purposes and will be expected to attend scheduled academic sessions. Students will complete supervised online Module Tests while completing the Diploma in Higher Education Access (Dip.HEA) curriculum.
Upon completion of the Diploma in Higher Education Access (Dip.HEA) students may register immediately for the EDUVISA Diploma in Management (L4) (IQF) (Bachelor Academic 1st Year) which will be completed via the EDUVISA online Learner Management System (OLMS)
HEALTH & COVID PROTOCOLS
Bucklands Farm Student Centre adheres to strict Covid precautionary protocols and limits the number of students in line with government regulations (See Covid Protocols & Travel Arrangements). Students are cared for as if they are our own children while their safety is of paramount importance to us.
Working and studying on a working farm in the tranquillity of the vast Karoo region of South Africa is a unique experience. The lessons and development in skills, personality, and even practical spiritual input, can hardly be learned elsewhere. We are passionate about investing in young people's lives to instil the purpose and skills that will be required to face the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
As owners of Bucklands Farm Student Centre, we pride ourselves on the fostering of strong ethical values and Christian principles and pursue a lifestyle that is love-driven and motivated by God’s grace.
So, come as you are, you are welcome!
Programme Fees cover all accommodation and programme costs for the 6-month programme period. Bucklands Farm Student Centre in association with EDUVISA Graduate School of Management offers the following payment options when scholars/students register via the EDUVISA Secure Payment Portal (PayPal & PayFast Gateways):
PAYMENT OPTION 1 (FULL PAYMENT)
- R 60,000.00 (ZAR)
- £ 2,950.00 (GBP)
PAYMENT OPTION 2 (DEPOSIT & INSTALMENTS)*
- R 30,000.00 (ZAR)
- R 40,000.00 (ZAR)
*Students/parents can apply for a rotating student loan to the value of R30,000.00 to accommodate the registration deposit.
HOW TO REGISTER
Please contact email@example.com for information.
Here is the programme outline:
BUCKLANDS Working Farm & University GAP-Year
The Backlands Working Farm and University GAP-Year combines a working farm experience with an EDUVISA Diploma in Higher Education Access (Dip.HEA) that is an entree requirement to register for an online UK-accredited BBA/BSc/BA-Hons or MBA Degree via EDUVISA Graduate School of Management. This GAP-Year Programme focuses on leadership and management development of the young person based on the day-to-day activities associated with a typical South-African sheep and game farm while preparing the student for online graduate management studies that will lead to a Bachelor (BBA, BSc) or Master's (MBA, MSc) Degree in Management at a university or business school in the UK or elsewhere.